Rehabilitative Therapy in Fort Lauderdale
In addition to the chiropractic adjustment, we provide rehabilitative services in Fort Lauderdale to those patients who require such services. We offer a combination of passive and active services to help reduce pain and inflammation in the acute phase of the injury, and to facilitate long-term flexibility and performance as the body becomes healthier.
Rehabilitative Therapies in Fort Lauderdale
The PowerSource team specializes in a large range of rehabilitative therapies to best serve you. No matter the cause of your injury, for the staff at PowerSource Chiropractic, your wellbeing and quality of living are the top priority.
- Cervical Traction: when patients require this type of treatment, we use Pettibon System equipment to help ease the stress of neck tension. Over time, this treatment can also help restructure the natural neck curve to provide greater long-term flexibility and health.
- Vibration Therapy: We proudly use pivotal, or horizontal, vibration platforms in the office to help correct postural deficiencies and to activate sometimes underused muscles in the body. This type of research has been studied by NASA.
- Stretching: We offer our patients the Precor Stretch Trainer for maximum flexibility in their muscles, fascia, ligaments, and tendons following our adjustment. The doctor will recommend which type of stretches are most appropriate for each patient and then guided instruction will make sure you execute the stretching properly.
- TENS Units: When appropriate, we offer transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) therapy. Mostly used after acute injuries when pain-relief is the primary objective, this treatment is administered by the doctor or staff and closely monitored.
- Intersegmental Traction (IST): Also know by patients as the "roller bed", this type of therapy helps to re-establish the normal range of motion in the spine. It can be directed towards a certain part of the spine or used throughout the entire spinal region.
- Kinesis-Tape: We utilize this method of soft tissue healing, when appropriate, to stabilize and strengthen the body's tendons and ligaments, while not restricting the joint's range of motion. Many of our patients notice improvements in their athletic performance when using Kinesio-tape. What is the Kinesio Taping Method?
- Foam-Roller: This technique is used to break up soft-tissue adhesions that limit our natural range of motion. While the chiropractic adjustment mainly increases the range of motion of a joint, a foam-roller can increase the range of motion of large muscle groups such as the hamstrings and quadriceps.
Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to pain and mobility issues. For more information on our chiropractic services, Contact PowerSource Chiropractic today!